If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to email@example.com
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources 8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st
floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.
Department of Transportation - Maintenance & Construction
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
This is skilled work in operating heavy equipment and serving as crew leader on paving, grading, and maintenance or right-of-way crew in the department. The Foreman plans and supervises work projects while also operating heavy equipment and performing quality finish work on the projects.
- Possess and maintain a valid CDL License (Class A). Must possess the CDL at time of application
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by college-level or vocational course work in a related field
- Preferred – Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major field of study in a related discipline
- Ten years professional related work experience
- Preferred – operation of heavy equipment, public works/road construction
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver's License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- National Safety Council Flagging certified, or certification within six months of employment
- Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
$33,358.83 - $44,865.18 annual ($16.03 - $21.56 hourly) based on experience and qualifications; plus full benefits package
Résumés may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not