This position provides administrative and judicial assistance to the Chief Magistrate Court Judge and clerical and administrative support, as directed by the Judge, within the Magistrate Court Department.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Maintains judge’s monthly and daily itinerary, schedules dates and times for hearings, motions and trials. Sets schedule and publishes court calendar.
- Develops, monitors and evaluates department budget. Prepares payroll and expense reports, budget amendments and vendor orders and vouchers.
- Acts as liaison between the judge, elected officials, department heads, county officials, attorneys, litigants, staff and the general public.
- Arranges conferences and makes travel arrangements.
- Prepares correspondence, memos and other documents.
- Performs clerical support as directed by the Judge.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, operations, and functions of Rockdale County and knowledge of the applicable county, state, and federal laws.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and documents.
- Knowledge of court procedures, practices and operations.
- Skill in operating modern office equipment.
- Skill in using independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected and appointed officials, employees and the general public.
- Ability to organize and have acute attention to detail and accuracy in the performance of tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with high expectations for competency, time management and professionalism.
- Ability to assemble and convey information, orally and in writing, in a concise, clear and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate a GCIC computer.
- Ability to use tools or equipment requiring dexterity.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in paralegal, criminal justice, business administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.