Police / Uniform
$38,012 or negotiable to reflect experience
: August 13, 2018
: Open until filled
Under the general supervision of a Police Sergeant or Corporal (Uniform Division) and on one of four assigned shifts, performs general law enforcement duties in efforts to provide protection of life and property, enforcement of federal, state and local laws, response to emergency situations and investigation of criminal activity to secure the well-being of the citizens of the City of Rincon.
Essential Job Duties
- Patrols streets, industrial parks, businesses, and residential areas within an assigned zone in the City to prevent potential criminal activity.
- Enforces City ordinances, state and federal statutes, and other regulations for which the Police Department is responsible; enforces the traffic code of Georgia, issues citations, and/or makes arrests as appropriate.
- Answers calls for service in a timely, professional, appropriate manner; provides immediate response in emergency situations; uses proper judgment in neutralizing situations.
- Conducts accident investigations and provides preliminary first aid as needed.
- Prepares detailed reports regarding calls for service received while on duty.
- Transports prisoners to jail facility.
- Initiates criminal investigations and calls for detectives when needed.
- May be called upon to work special assignments as needed.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- High school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be Georgia P.O.S.T Certified in good standing
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- No Felony convictions and no serious misdemeanor convictions
- Must pass extensive background investigation, and a fit for duty physical and drug screen.
- See Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA 35-8-8) for additional requirements.
QUALIFIED BILINGUAL APPLICANTS (SPANISH/ENGLISH
), MINORITY APPLICANTS,
& FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications can be obtained on-line at:
Applications and resumes should be mailed to:
Rincon Police Department
P.O. Box 232
Rincon, GA. 31326