Public Works: Water/Sewer
: August 22, 2018
Open until filled
As part of a work crew in the Water and Sewer Division, operates light to medium equipment in the completion of various City tasks necessary for the ongoing maintenance of City water and sewer system and facilities. Also performs manual labor as required.
Essential Job Duties
- Conducts daily inspections of assigned equipment to ensure that equipment is in safe and proper operating condition.
- Drives assigned equipment to and from designated work sites; operates tractors, dump trucks, and/or other light equipment in the completion of assigned water and sewer maintenance, repairs and other related tasks.
- Repairs water and sewer lines, flushes pipes; performs sewer taps; cleans storm drain catch basins; repairs storm pipe sinkholes.
- May serve as crew leader over a group of laborers at assigned work sites; provides training and assistance.
- Also performs duties of a Crew Worker and other related work as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by five months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia COMMERCIAL Driver's License (CDL).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Flagging certificate.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle/DOT checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *