This position is responsible for assisting in the repair and maintenance of the stormwater management system.
- Assists in the routine maintenance of city water ways, including canals and retention ponds.
- Assists in the repair of the stormwater system.
- Removes debris from waterways.
- Performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections; maintains vehicles and equipment.
- Loads, unloads, stocks and stores equipment.
- Assists with land clearing operations for City of Pooler projects.
- Removes nuisance animals from water ways.
- Responds to citizen concerns and complaints.
- Responds to after-hour storm event emergencies and citizen complaints.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of stormwater management system construction and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a variety of equipment.
- Skill in the use of a variety of maintenance equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Stormwater Crewleader assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include department policies and procedures, work safety guidelines, and the employee handbook. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related stormwater maintenance duties. Heavy traffic and inclement weather contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to assist in the maintenance of the city’s stormwater management system. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of system operations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the City of Pooler and the employee and is subject to change by Pooler Public Works as the needs of the City of Pooler and requirements of the job change.
The City of Pooler is a Drug-Free workplace.
The City of Pooler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran/military status and other statuses protected by Federal and State laws.
Please apply on-line at www.pooler-ga.gov or apply in person to address listed below. Must be able to provide a copy of valid driver's license, social security card, and high school diploma or GED.
City of Pooler - Human Resources Department
100 Southwest Highway 80
Pooler, GA 31322
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org