The City of Flowery Branch has an entry level position open in the Public Works Department.
This positions duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs routine street maintenance and repair including installation of street signs.
- Picks up litter from roadsides; operates wood chipper.
- Assists with pouring, spreading, and leveling asphalt, concrete, and gravel; patches roads as needed with cold patch, concrete, or by spreading gravel.
- Loads and unloads stone, gravel, dirt, asphalt, and other street construction and maintenance materials.
- Operates trucks and construction equipment as directed; makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Fills and repairs road shoulders; participates in cleaning, constructing, and maintaining drainage ditches.
- Reads water meters; turns services on and off.
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment including washing, checking fluid levels, and lubricating.
- Performs minor small engine repair.
- Washes and cleans city vehicles.
- Repairs water and sewer lines.
- Repairs valves and installs meters, backflow devices, and hydrants.
- Performs related duties as assigned
10 Paid Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
Hours Earned Per Pay Period
During Year 1 - 1.54 Hours
During Year 2 through Year 4 - 3.08 Hours
During Year 5 through Year 9 - 4.62 Hours
Year 10 or After - 6.15 Hours
1 hour per week/52 hours a year
Full-time employees are provided a term life insurance policy provided by the City through the company of its choice in the amount determined annually at the policy renewal date and continue for as long as the employee is employed by the City. Employee coverage is $25,000, spouse coverage is $10,000 and children coverage is $2,500.
GMA Defined Benefit Plan with vesting after 5 years of service and currently at no cost to the employee.
The City extends to its employees Social Security benefits authorized by federal and state laws.
The City covers the cost 100% for employees and 30% of medical premiums for family.
Starting pay is $12.00 per hour.