August 30, 2018
Open Until filled
Under the direct supervision of the Water/Sewer Supervisor, performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled manual labor in the division of Water/Sewer in support of the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of water lines, water meters, fire hydrants, pumping equipment, and sewer lines. Assist in other divisions of Public Works as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor duties in connection with the City's water and sewer line installation, maintenance, and/or repair.
• Assists in loading truck with materials for the day's projects and properly maintaining tools on truck and other necessary equipment.
• Assists in the installation and maintenance of water lines, water meters, fire hydrants, and pumping equipment as well as in the repair of water and sewer lines.
• Performs a variety of other heavy manual labor in connection with maintenance and construction of water and sewer lines as well as helping in other Public Works divisions when needed.
• May occasionally be called upon to drive light City vehicle (i.e., pick-up truck) in performance of job duties.
•Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by five months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Experience with utility locating preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *