$19.21 - $24.01/hour
August 30, 2018
Open Until filled
This is a shared positon between the Finance Department and the City Clerk’s office, and as such has dual purposes. As the Purchasing Buyer, this position will provide administrative and coordination
work to procure goods and services and administrate procurement contracts and buying agreements. As the Records Clerk this position will provide administrative and clerical support. Duties include records management, responding to requests and inquiries from both City employees and citizens and assisting with city-wide scanning projects.
Essential Job Duties
- Administers procurement contracts and buying agreements for a wide range of commodities and services; monitors vendor performance; ensures commodities and services meet contract specifications; prepares and maintains contract spreadsheets and database files; maintains a contract calendar of upcoming contracts, scheduled contract solicitations, and expiring contracts.
- Receives and reviews purchasing requests from City departments which involve contracts and/or purchase agreements; verifies and/or obtains authorizations needed to process request; meets with user department to define needs; determines most appropriate procurement method for competitive solicitation; and assigns bid/RFP numbers and/or purchase order numbers; and enters data into the automated procurement system.
- Develops a variety of procurement documents, including purchase orders, solicitation requests, Requests for Proposals (RFP), and invitations for bids, and specifications; and works with user departments to develop and clarify specifications for requested goods, materials and services.
- Coordinates and processes procurements which do not require formal sealed bid process; reviews requisitions; prepares specifications; researches and obtains price quotes.
- Ensures the city complies with State Records Retention policy.
- Assists City Clerk’s Office and other Departments with scanning department documents such as Minutes, Agenda Packets, Contracts, Easements, Deeds, Policies and Procedures, Personnel Policies into Laserfiche/electronic data storage and other digital formats and retention of records.
- Assists Deputy Clerk and Department Heads with semi-annual file purge and schedule for document destruction
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Associate’s Degree required; supplemented by three to five years experience in government purchasing; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer or completion of the Purchasing course through the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of indexing, entering metadata for files into Document storage system. Knowledge of Laserfiche software a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background and credit check.
Applications must be submitted Online at: www.smyrnaGA.gov
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *