The City of Stockbridge has a job opening for a Wastewater Collection Systems Operator 1. This is an entry level position responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and repair of the City’s wastewater collection system and appurtenances including preventive and corrective maintenance, safety considerations, and completing and maintaining required reports and records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates various hand tools, power tools and light and heavy equipment for maintenance and repair of the city’s collections system;
- Checks maintains and cleans equipment, trucks, trailers and tools;
- Performs landscaping functions and grading functions at all sewage sites, on sewer right-of-way’s, at lift stations, and the Water Reclamation facility;
- Provides corrective and preventive maintenance on the collection system;
- Calibrates the dissolved oxygen meter, pH meter and inspects lab equipment;
- Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of all equipment in the Sewage department; adheres to preventive maintenance program set by the Wastewater Superintendent;
- Performs a variety of skilled and unskilled manual duties in the maintenance and care of the collection system including repair of weir walls and other modifications to regulators, outfalls and manhole structures that may be required to insure proper operation;
- Records readings concerning output, efficiency and operational use of pumps and facility equipment; maintains record of findings;
- Clears sewer lines using a variety of methods and equipment such as a jet machine and a rodding machine, video camera equipment and a vacuum truck;
- Reports and log spills of the sewer system;
- Participates in safety training including but not limited to confine space entry, explosion atmosphere, traffic, general safety;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required, a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience required, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position; must possess or obtain with 12 months of hire the Georgia Wastewater Collection License, Georgia Commercial Driver’s License and Flaggers license.Must have a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License.
How to apply
: Complete a City of Stockbridge online job application at www.cityofstockbridge.com
click on employment opportunities, indicate the position you are applying for and submit. Applications no later than October 1, 2018.