Position Title: Senior Construction Inspector
Annual Minimum Salary: $42,084.73
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Facility: City Hall Annex
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 18
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Engineering Department is accepting applications for the position of Senior Construction Inspector. This position is responsible for on-site inspections of public infrastructure to ensure compliance with engineering design standards. Inspects a variety of construction projects to include water, sewer, curb and gutter, sidewalk, streets, stormwater, and driveway projects to ensure compliance with approved specifications and drawings. Tests new water mains. Corresponds with utility companies and contractors in scheduling inspection visits and to deliver notifications of violations. Reviews submittals and request for information on major projects to ensure compliance with contract documents. Inspects construction projects to ensure compliance with the Land Disturbance permit. Prepares punch list and performs final inspections. Reviews construction drawings and specifications as needed.
- Knowledge of departmental and city policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations, engineering design standards, methods, equipment, procedures, and standard practices of municipal public works operation, computers and job-related software programs, land surveying principles, erosion control best management practices.
- Skills in reading and interpreting construction plans and blueprints, performing construction inspections, oral and written communication.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.
- A high school diploma or GED, and possession of or ability to readily obtain the appropriate state certification for the type of inspection(s) conducted (e.g. minimum Level 1A certification).
- A valid Georgia driver’s license, and readily able to obtain license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions. The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.
Posted by LaToya Robinson September 07, 2018 Categories: above $40k Full Time