Position Title: Electronic Systems Technician
Annual Minimum Salary: $42,084.73
Hourly Rate: $20.23
Pay Grade: 18
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Division: Central Maintenance
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Utilities Department is accepting applications for an Electronic Systems Technician. This is a technical position which encompasses the maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment such as valves, controllers, metering equipment and PLC driven equipment typically found in lift stations and a water/wastewater facility.
- Knowledge of electric/electronic metering devices, computers and relevant software systems, working with Siemens, Allen-Bradley or equivalent programmable logic controllers.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Must possess the physical strength and agility to operate heavy equipment over rough terrain, occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
- Technical training in Computer Science or a related field with an AS/AA degree or equivalent. BS degree in Computer Science or a related field may be substituted for the required experience. Two years’ experience with implementation and testing SCADA and automation.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license required.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check and post offer physical.
Please complete the City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.
Posted by LaToya Robinson August 27, 2018 Categories: above $40k Full Time