Position Title: Senior Utility Service Worker
Annual Minimum Salary: $28,349.33
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Division: Central Lines
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 10
Closing Date: Open until filled
The City of Valdosta Utilities Department is accepting applications for the position of Senior Utility Service Worker. Trains new employees in the repair and maintenance of the water and sewer systems in the field.
Locates and repairs leaks in the water distribution and wastewater collection system. Installs new water and sewer mains and services. Operates remote control and manual camera units to identify line blockages and breaks. Repairs and replace fire hydrants and manholes. Locates and excavates underground utilities. Makes street, sidewalk, lawn, sewer and water main line repairs. Change out meters. Replace meter boxes and lids. Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment. Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of utility meter operations and maintenance principles, area streets and roads, and vehicle maintenance principles, department safety policies and procedures
- Skills in the use of handheld computers and job-related software, operation of assigned vehicles and equipment, use of hand and power tools, problem solving, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication
- At least one (1) year of experience in a related field or service
- A high school diploma or GED
- Possession of a valid State driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in. An application must be submitted for each position you would like to apply for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may also apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go t
Posted by LaToya Robinson September 12, 2018 Categories: $25k - $30k Full Time