Parks & Recreation
$14.99 per hour
September 13, 2018
September 27, 2018
Under the general direction of the Facility Event Coordinator, the Part-time Community Center Supervisor coordinates maintenance, room set-ups, etc. for Brawner Hall. This position is also responsible for resolving patron complaints as needed and interacts with vendors to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Center.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Position generally works 3-4 days/week.
Must be able to work every weekend.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees and coordinates the proper maintenance of Brawner Hall in the absence of the Facility Event Coordinator.
- Ensures that rooms of Brawner Hall are properly set up as needed for meetings, events, activities, etc.
- Tactfully investigates and resolves patron complaints.
- Interacts with vendors as needed to ensure that all applicable rules and regulations are adhered to and that activities and events run as planned.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs room set-ups and general building maintenance.
- Maybe required to act on behalf of the Facility Event Coordinator; taking payments for rental reservations through the ActiveNet software system.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) PLUS one (1) year previous experience and /or training that includes facility supervision and working with the public; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background, MVR and post-offer drug screen.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.smyrnaga.gov
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *