NOTE: THIS JOB IS WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF BUTTS COUNTY, A SEPARATE GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY WHICH FUNCTIONS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BOARD. APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD NOT BE SUBMITTED TO THE BUTTS COUNTY COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE. PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY ABOUT HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
General Description: The Executive Director works under the direct supervision of the Development Authority of Butts County. As the initial point of contact for economic development, the Executive Director plays a key role in attracting and sustaining business in Butts County.
Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree, CEcD, EDFP or other certification desired, but not required.
3+ years as an economic development professional.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Development Authority Board.
- Recruit target businesses and industry, including retail, professional, technical, manufacturing and distribution, to the municipalities and unincorporated areas of Butts County, Georgia. Recruitment may take place inside or outside the state. Some overnight travel is required (<25%).
- Provide vision, leadership and continuity for the Development Authority of Butts County internally and externally in the area of economic development.
- Represent the organization in matters that correspond with its mission.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the organization regarding issues relating to economic development.
- Serve as the economic development marketing leader and contact for Butts County and all municipalities.
- Build positive relationships between local employers and local governments
- Coordinate all economic and community development programs, prospect visits, existing industry and business expansions, economic development initiatives and other business activities as directed by the development authority.
- Serve as the key contact for new and expanding commercial and industrial projects in Butts County and municipalities located within the county.
- Develop a pro-active marketing plan to promote Butts County at the state, national, and international levels in order to build a brand for the area.
- Provide continuous communication to the members of the Development Authority of Butts County, and local government leaders regarding economic development activity and trends.
- Prepare an annual budget for economic development department.
- Serve as a team builder between local, state and federal elected officials and agencies that impact the community.
- Serve as a resource for current local employers in assisting them to grow their businesses in the community.
- Develop new programs and initiatives that enhance and add value to the economic success of the community.
- Provide monthly activity reports, in coordination with the Chairman, on areas of interest to the Development Authority of Butts County Board of Directors.
- Serve as the Authority’s representative on various boards, agencies and committees as required.
- Maintain the economic development portion of the website and social media.
- Maintain financial and economic impact models.
- Provide financial and economic impact modeling as needed for prospects and for expansions.
- Maintain demographic data for the area including prospective sites, buildings available, etc.
- Coordinate all economic development marketing materials to build a brand for the area.
How to Apply / Contact:
Interested persons should forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Development Authority of Butts County at email@example.com, with the subject: Executive Director Application. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.