CHIEF BUILDING INSPECTOR/PLANS EXAMINER
The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for a Chief Building Inspector/Plans Examiner. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with building construction codes and related ordinances, and providing training and supervision to building inspectors and plan examiners.
- Reviews and approves construction plans and specifications for compliance with the applicable building, electrical, fire protection, gas, mechanical, plumbing, energy, and accessibility codes.
- Conducts on-site residential and commercial building construction inspections to ensure code compliance.
- Performs business license inspections.
- Maintains a log of daily inspections performed.
- Maintains a filing system for plans and drawings.
- Interprets and discusses construction codes and related ordinances with designers, contractors, property owners, inspectors, plan examiners and the general public.
- Investigates complaints related to construction code and ordinance violations.
- Informs designers, contractors of deficient plans; recommends corrective actions for code and ordinance violations.
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances governing the inspection process.
- Knowledge of structural, electrical, gas, mechanical, plumbing and fire prevention codes for building construction.
- Knowledge of the geography, subdivisions, and streets of the City.
- Skills in using computers, scales, various measuring devices and instruments,, voltage meters, and a variety of hand tools.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a course of study related to occupational field and three and five years or more of related experience; or a Master’s Degree and at least two years of related experience. Possession of a Georgia Driver's License; Possession of an ICC Certified Building Official (CBO) Certification at the time of employment or within the first year of employment; Possession of an ICC General Plans Examiner Certification at the time of employment.
Minimum starting salary is $43,037 plus an excellent benefits package. The position is open until filled.
THE CITY OF HINESVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER