Position Title: Deputy Clerk
Annual Minimum Salary: $28,349.33
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Municipal Court
Facility: Municipal Court
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 10
Closing Date: Open until Filled
The City of Valdosta Municipal Court is accepting applications for a highly motivated individual for a Deputy Clerk position. This position is responsible for Joint oversight of Municipal Court Vital Records Program including preparation and electronic submission of dispositions to State Agencies. Processes and oversees individual case records and maintains proper caseload within established parameters. Prepares dockets for daily calendar calls at arraignment, trial, and revocation hearings. Accepts and files legal pleadings pursuant to established court rules and the Official Code of Georgia. Classifies, copies, indexes and files correspondence, records, and pleadings in preparation for use by the Court. Assists in administration and implementation of Court rules and procedures. Assists in daily operation of Municipal Court during all proceedings. Acts as Municipal Court liaison to the City Police Department and other city, county and state agencies. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of court rules and regulations, state and federal laws, city ordinances.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Skills in organization and effective time management.
- Skills in interacting with judges, attorneys, law enforcement personnel and the general public.
- Minimum of one year prior work experience in a court, legal setting, or government office.
- Work experience that includes handling administrative tasks.
- Associate’s Degree in legal studies or paralegal studies, or criminal justice is preferred but not required.
- GCIC Certification is preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid Georgia driver’s license are required.
- Satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.
Posted by LaToya Robinson August 21, 2018 Categories: $25k - $30k Full Time