Position Title: Crewleader
Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.33
Hourly Rate: $15.04
Pay Grade: 12
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Right of Way - Public Works Building
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for a highly motivated individual for a Crewleader position. This position supervises and participates in the work of an assigned crew of personnel engaged in grounds maintenance or refuse collection duties as assigned. Supervises and participates in the work of an assigned crew of personnel. Ensures employee compliance with safety procedures. Trains, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines personnel. Transports crew and equipment to and from work sites. Supervises and participates in the mowing of city rights-of-way; operates a mower, a tractor with bush hog, and hand and power tools. Delivers empty trailers as needed. Coordinates the maintenance of assigned vehicles, tools and equipment. Responds to customer complaints, concerns and inquires; provides information and assistance and resolves problems. Performs skilled and semi-skilled construction, maintenance and labor work as needed.
- Knowledge of general landscape techniques, supervisory principles and practices, basic preventive vehicle maintenance, street maintenance and vehicle and equipment maintenance principles, city streets and geography, computers and job-related software programs
- Skills in operating and driving a truck and trailer, zero-turn mowers, hand-held equipment such as weedeaters, trimmers, edger, back pack blowers and shovels
- Ability in instructing others in the use of such equipment and defensive driving techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management
- Skill in the supervision of personnel, problem solving, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication
- At least one (1) to three (3) years experience in a related field
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Valid CDL B or higher preferred
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check and pre-employment physical and drug test.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.
Posted by Berna Hepburn June 14, 2018 Categories: $30k - $40k Full Time