Annual Minimum Salary: $25,683.09
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Public Works Building
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 8
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Maintenance Worker I. This position is responsible for operating a push mower to mow grass, hand and power tools, including weed-eaters, edgers and leaf blowers. Also assists in collection of refuse, recyclables, yard waste and other materials along a predetermined route. Assists in collecting refuse, recyclables, yard waste, and other materials. Assists in operating the refuse or recycling truck as assigned. Assists in cleaning and maintaining assigned vehicles and equipment. Assists in performing pre- and post-trip equipment safety inspections.
- Knowledge of city streets, grounds equipment operation, maintenance and repair principles, safe work practices
- Skills in the operation of grounds maintenance equipment, decision making and problem solving, interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.
Posted by Berna Hepburn July 12, 2017 Categories: $25k - $30k Full Time