Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor, performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled manual labor in the division of Sanitation, collecting and disposing of the City’s residential and commercial debris and trash. Assists in other divisions of Public Works as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Picks up garbage and yard waste on an assigned route; loads trucks; distributes trash bags.
- Participates in cleaning equipment and performing preventive maintenance; makes minor repairs to equipment.
- May operate a variety of trucks and equipment in performing tasks.
- Inspects equipment and assigned work area for safety hazards.
- May occasionally be called upon to drive light City vehicle (i.e., pick-up truck) in performance of job duties.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by five months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *