Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Supervisor, operates and drives a sanitation truck to collect refuse and or yard trash on an assigned route. Assists in other divisions of Public Works as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Drives large sanitation truck to collect residential and/or commercial refuse and/or yard waste.
- Drives specific routes as assigned to ensure appropriate pick up; unloads truck at dump sites; maneuvers in and around traffic, parked cars, crew workers, equipment, and other obstacles.
- Acts as lead to truck sanitation crew providing guidance to staff; monitors status of work activities, schedule and assists in problem situations.
- Collects miscellaneous items as requested and disposes of material appropriately.
- Inspects equipment and assigned work area for safety hazards.
- Operates truck compaction unit as required and utilizes other tools as necessary including shovels, pitchforks, yard rakes, brooms, etc.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year of previous experience driving heavy trucks is required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- CDL experience operating heavy trucks is required.
- Must possess a current, valid Class B Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *