End Date: Open Until Filled
Under general supervision and on one of two assigned shifts, performs general law enforcement duties in efforts to provide protection of life and property, enforcement of federal, state and local laws, response to emergency situations and investigation of criminal activity to secure the well-being of the citizens of the City of Acworth.
Essential Job Duties
- Patrols streets, industrial parks, businesses, and residential areas within an assigned zone in the City to thwart potential criminal activity.
- Enforces City ordinances, state and federal statutes, and other regulations for which the Police Department is responsible; enforces the traffic code of Georgia, issues citations, and/or makes arrests as appropriate.
- Answers calls for service in a timely, professional, appropriate manner; provides immediate response in emergency situations; uses proper judgment in neutralizing situations.
- Conducts accident investigations and provides preliminary first aid as needed.
- Prepares detailed reports regarding calls for service received while on duty.
- Transports prisoners to jail facility.
- Initiates criminal investigations and calls for detectives when needed.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- May be called upon to work special assignments as needed.
- Performs related work as assigned.
QUALIFIED BILINGUAL APPLICANTS (SPANISH/ENGLISH), MINORITY APPLICANTS,
& FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- High school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation, post-offer polygraph, psychological, physical, and drug screen.
- Must possess a current Georgia Peace Officer's Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) Certification(s).
- See Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA 35-8-8) for additional requirements.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *