The City of McDonough
has an opening for a Supervisor over the Water Distribution and Sewer Collection Department. This position is responsible for supervising the work crews and equipment operators by planning, organizing, directing and supervising the daily activities. Position works in the field with subordinates to complete daily work assignments.
- Coordinates employees’ work schedules and crew assignments
- Instructs employees on proper work procedures, safety precautions, and other issues to perform assigned work;
- Updates GIS water/sewer files as changes/upgrades are made on the City system;
- Monitors hydrant flushing program;
- Ensures disinfected practices are maintained, such as running Bac/T samples;
- Checks grease traps and updates GIS System;
- Assists crew members in constructing and repairing of water lines and sewer lines;
- Maintains complete and accurate records of the Water and Sewer Division activities and completes standard forms required for the efficient operation of the department;
- Regularly inspects water and sewer lines for needed maintenance to check for needed repairs;
- Purchases materials and supplies as needed under department guidelines;
- Prepares and maintains SOPs on equipment;
- Prepares the water distribution operation and maintenance annual budget; monitors and documents expenditures assuring compliance with approved budget and staffing levels;
See full job description at www.mcdonoughga.org.
Computer skills are desired, including Microsoft Outlook, Office and Excel.
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree or two (2) years of technical coursework desired; five (5) years’ experience in water and sewer repairs and maintenance, with at least two (2) years in a lead position; possession of water distribution and sewer collection licenses required; valid State of Georgia Class C driver’s license; satisfactory MVR and criminal history; pass employment physical and drug test; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hourly rate: $20.16 per hour ($41,932.80 annualized)
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 26, 2018
Excellent benefits. Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 136 Keys Ferry Street, McDonough, GA 30253, or at www.mcdonoughga.org. Submit applications to City Hall or via e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.