This position is responsible for generating and processing utility bills, payments and account information.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Process utility bills generated from meter readings; mail utility bills monthly;
- Receive and process, in a timely manner, requests for new utility service; enters customers personal information to set up new account;
- Receive and address customer concerns, complaints and suggestions regarding utility services;
- Processes meter work orders for new service, to recheck meter readings, and to disconnect and reconnect service; processes other work orders such as replacing security and street lights and removing road debris;
- Processes homeowner refund checks;
- Contacts sanitation company to add new customers, to request garbage cans and recycling bins and to report any concerns;
- Opens and processes utility payments;
- Monitors current utility accounts on an on-going basis to spot fluctuations that may warrant further attention;
- Completes various month ends reports that are used for the yearly audit;
- Types documents, forms and other correspondences as necessary;
- Assist other staffwhen necessary;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices;
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping practices;
- Knowledge of general office practices;
- Knowledge of City ordinances, policies and procedures;
- Skill in dealing with the public;
- Skill in using the computer;
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to maintain accounting and clerical records and prepare reports from such records;
- Ability to work with a certain degree of independence;
Work is assigned by the City Clerk in terms of department goals and objectives.
Guidelines include the City fiscal policies and procedures.
The work consists of a variety of clerical and bookkeeping duties.
Scope and Effect:
The purpose of this position is to receive and process various utility payments.
Contacts are typically with co-workers and the general public.
Purpose of Contacts:
Contacts are typically to give and exchange information, resolve problems, settle matters and provide services.
: The work is typically performed with the employee sitting at a desk. The employee uses tools or equipment requiring dexterity.
The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility:
High School diploma or equivalent; two (2) years of related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Submit completed application to:
Palmetto City Hall
Attn: Cindy Hanson
P.O. Box 190, Palmetto, GA 30268
Based on experience
End Date for Applications: