The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter. This position is responsible for protecting lives and property endangered by fires and other emergency situations. The rotating schedule runs 24.25 hours on shift and 48-hours off shift.
- Responds to and suppresses fires utilizing such firefighting equipment and techniques as nozzle direction and building ventilation
- Rescues fire and accident victims utilizing the appropriate extrication methods and equipment; administers first aid and CPR
- Inspects assigned apparatus and equipment; cleans, repairs, and performs routine maintenance on same.
- Drives emergency vehicles; establishes fire streams and monitors gauges.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to obtain a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Be in good physical condition as determined by a medical examination
- Not have been convicted of a felony within the last ten (10) years (Exception House Bill 654)
Applicants must be able to pass a written examination, physical agility test and background investigation. Minimum starting salary is $32,115 plus excellent benefits. The position closes on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please submit applications online at: https://ga-hinesville.civicplushrms.com/careers
The City of Hinesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer