PLANNING TECHNICIAN/PLANNER I
CPL, a full-service architecture, engineering and urban planning firm providing Planning & Development services for the City of Chamblee, GA is seeking to add a professional planner to our team. This position will be filled as either a Planning Technician or Planner I, depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. This position provides a wide range of Planning and Zoning related duties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and eager to be a part of a growing and progressive City.
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or related field is required. Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or related field is preferred.
All levels of experience will be considered, including recent graduates. However, a minimum of two years of experience is preferred for the Planner I position. A background in graphic and/or urban design is a plus but is not required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Providing customer service for Department-related customer service matters, both in-person and over the phone;
- Coordinating certain permits including: Land Disturbance Permits, Plats, Zoning-Related Applications & Fence Permits;
- Managing Pre-Application meetings for Planning and Zoning-related applications including pre-review of all submittals, note-taking and follow-up correspondence with applicants;
- Managing and updating all Planning and Zoning-related applications and forms, as needed;
- Accepting and reviewing Temporary Sales/Outdoor Sales Permit Applications;
- Communicating with other City Departments and outside agencies regarding applications;
- Creating Zoning Verification Letters;
- Maintaining Department Webpage;
- Completing Plan Reviews for Signs, Minor Residential and Pool Permits;
- Writing Staff Memos for zoning-related applications for the City’s Architectural Review Board and Mayor and City Council;
- Completing Business License reviews for compliance with Zoning Regulations;
- Conducting research on planning and zoning-related matters;
- Presenting cases to the City’s Architectural Review Board;
- Assisting with long-range planning projects;
- Attending other meetings, as needed;
- Other job duties, as determined by the Director and Deputy Director.
CPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Matt Dickison at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.