CPL is currently seeking a full-time Land Development Inspector for our Chamblee, GA municipal office. The successful applicant will perform technical inspections of development sites and construction projects to determine compliance with all City, County, State and Federal codes and regulations regarding erosion and sediment control, grading, clearing, drainage, landscaping, infrastructure, wetlands, and stream buffers.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience in construction or engineering inspections construction inspection, construction management, or construction contract administration or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job;
- Prefer one or more certifications in Environment Sediment Control or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment;
- Certified Arborist is a plus, but not required; and
- High school diploma or GED.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Construction inspection;
- Prepare construction reports and other documentation;
- Coordination with owner, contractor, property owners and regulatory agencies;
- Understanding or ability to understand construction practices, materials, methods, and codes;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, specifications, and drawings; and
- Tasks require the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight.
Salary and Benefits
CPL is a Equal Opportunity Employer with a comprehensive benefits program.Pay commensurate with years of service.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Matt Dickison at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.