***Salary will be set by the Augusta-Richmond County Commission***
Leads and directs the day-to-day operations of the Department with primary responsibility for EEO, DBE and ADA Programs and services. Position will investigate and monitor matters relating to the department's service areas, and ensure compliance as required by policies and procedures adopted by Augusta Government or other relevant State and Federal laws and guidelines. Reporting to the Mayor and Commission, the Director will have budget responsibilities and supervise the daily work of others.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the overall planning, operation and management of the Department's programs, services and assigned resources.
- Conducts workshops and outreach within and outside the organization, including employee and management orientations, internal training sessions, and vendor workshops.
- Conducts compliance audits and investigations. Receives and reviews allegations of unfair employment practices and make appropriate recommendations. Monitors and enforces Augusta, Georgia's plan for equal opportunity in employment, promotion, recognition, etc. and ensures that each person regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, genetic information, national origin, age, religion, disability and veteran's status as an equal opportunity for employment and promotion. Reports to the Mayor and Commission and works with Directors and government employees and agencies in all facets of EEO-related cases.
- Collects and analyzes data sufficient to produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports relative to the assigned programs.
- Works with the Capital Projects, Procurement and other relevant functions to set contracting goals for each project over $100,000 to include those with subcontracting and/or supplier possibilities.
- Maintains the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise bidder's list for Department of Transportation, and other contracts as required by 49C.F.R. Part 26. Communicate with other Federal, State and Local Agencies as required.
- Administers the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in employment, transportation, public accommodation, communications, and governmental activities.
**In order to be considered for this position, applicants must meet the required minimum qualifications.**
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Counseling or Psychology, or a JD Degree.
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years work related experience in business administration or public administration, legal/compliance and investigatory fields, or a related occupational field. Local government experience preferred.
- Proven track record in managing people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and court actions relative to EEO, ADA and DBE programs
- Knowledge of delivering investigatory and compliance services in a diverse organization and environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, work with elected officials and with staff at all levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Travel from office to other locations may be required on a regular basis.
Depending upon area of assignment:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Work is performed in an office setting.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
**To apply for this position, please visit www.augustaga.gov and click on "Career Center"**