ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the appearance and cleanliness of all City Facilities.
- Receives and completes work orders related to building maintenance in a timely manner.
- Prepares Council Chambers for all City Council meetings.
- Participates in the set up and clean up for City events and employee events.
- Performs custodial duties, including but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, stripping and waxing floors, dusting, polishing furniture and woodwork, cleaning windows, hang signs and pictures, cleaning restrooms.
- Assemble and disassemble office furniture and equipment.
- Participates in monthly departmental safety meetings and safety training courses.
- Properly secures city equipment according to safety regulations to ensure employee and citizen safety.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the City’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the City’s goals. This position consists of a variety of technical labor tasks performed in/on City buildings. The purpose of this position is to ensure that all maintenance work orders are completed throughout the City of Union City. Successful performance contributes to the efficient and effective maintenance of all City-owned buildings and grounds. Incumbent operates independently but results are monitored by the Building Maintenance Supervisor.
Contacts are across the entire City community and in a service capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing good will and support of City programs and initiatives.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in building maintenance and technical training
- Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver’s license
- Ability to follow guidelines including City codes, departmental policies and procedures, State and Federal rules, OSHA laws, Georgia DOT rules and regulations. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but require some judgment and interpretation in application.
- Considerable knowledge of building maintenance requirements;
- Knowledge of safety procedures related to the installation, repair and maintenance of various electrical and mechanical control systems and devices;
- Knowledge of locating and adjusting defects in electronic systems and equipment;
- Skill in operating a variety of hand and power tools;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs;
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines;
- Ability to coordinate with contractors;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time;
- Ability to evaluate a problem and identify solutions.