The City of Stockbridge has a job opportunity for a Water System Technician 1, who meets the requirements for this position. This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of the City’s water system and carrying out the City’s meter reading function, performing utility locating function and overseeing plant operations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements: Water System Technician I:
- Operates various hand tools, power tools and light and heavy equipment for maintenance and repair of the city’s water system;
- Checks, maintains and cleans equipment, trucks, trailers and tools;
- Performs landscaping and grading functions at all water sites;
- Performs water distribution system maintenance, repair, upkeep and enhancement, including but not limited to repairing leaks, running tests of groundwater, troubleshooting distribution problems through removal/installation of pipes, hydrants, meters, fixtures and valves; flushes hydrants as needed;
- Treats groundwater to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements;
- Reads water meters on assigned route, records usage through portable computer-based system, makes special readings as required, checks for dysfunctional meters and reports any defects to Water Superintendent, and performs verification and accuracy tests on problematic meters;
- Responds to work order requests from the Utility Billing Group including service hook ups, termination and general residential issues,
- Coordinates with the Utility Billing Group to ensure work orders are properly processed upon work completion;
- Assists residents with resolving Water Department issues;
- Participates in the department’s afterhours, weekend and holiday on-call rotation schedule;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required, a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience required, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job; valid State of Georgia Driver’s License; must possess, or obtain within 12 months of hire, valid Georgia Water Distribution Operator certification.
How to apply:
Complete a City of Stockbridge job application at www.cityofstockbridge
Upload a copy of your resume indicating the position you are applying for or fax to 770-626-4237 or you can mail your application to City of Stockbridge, Attn: Human Resources Office, 4640 North Henry Blvd., Stockbridge, GA. 30281. Closing date for accepting applications and resumes will be open until filled.
Water Tech 1 - $13.50 - $17.20/hr., depending on experience.