The City of Stockbridge has a job opening for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing and supervising all the facility operations/maintenance for the City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the maintenance for City facilities including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofs, building access systems and other duties as required;
- Supervises the activities of technicians and skilled trades staff responsible for carrying out the services and functions of the Department; this includes assignment and review of construction projects, maintenance and repair activities, providing assistance, evaluating performance, administering discipline and recommending hiring, termination and pay changes through the Public Works Director;
- Evaluates work and contacts outside contractors when jobs needs to be outsourced and reviews work when completed, performs routine inspections of facilities to evaluate work in progress and completed work.
- Ensures department is in compliance with City Council policy directives;
- Develops, recommends and monitors the Departmental budget;
- Coordinates facilities maintenance resources to respond to urgent repair, production floor arrangement, or clean-up situations in City buildings;
- Assists the Public Works Director and City administration in developing short- and long-range plans in the area of Facilities Maintenance;
- Develops, recommends and implements work schedules, operating policies and procedures in order to accomplish departmental goals and objectives;
- Communicates with the Public Works Director, City administration and elected officials regarding Facilities Maintenance operations; prepares reports and correspondence related to departmental activities, direction and accomplishments; attends, staff and City Council meetings as required;
- Enforces the Facilities Management safety and loss prevention program and participates on the safety committee and conducts safety meetings with staff.
- Manages purchase orders and vendor relations for the Facilities Maintenance Department; signs off on purchase orders, except for large purchases that require approval of the City Manager or City Council;
- Communicates with Stockbridge residents to resolve customer service concerns;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED. Minimum of five (5) years of comprehensive experience in building maintenance including experience in commercial trades or a related field; two years supervisory experience required. Must possess one of the following state licenses: Master Plumber, Electrician, or Commercial HVAC. An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered towards the requirements of the position. An Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Facilities Management, Construction or Building Management/Maintenance or a related field is desired. Salary range: Minimum: $20.58 – Mid-range: $26.50. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply
: Complete a City of Stockbridge job application at www.cityofstockbridge.com
upload a copy of your resume indicating the position you are applying for and fax to 770-626-4237 or you can mail your application to City of Stockbridge, Human Resources Office, 4640 North Henry Blvd., Stockbridge, GA. 30281. Position open until filled.