JOB TITLE: Telecom Sales and Billing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Fibercom – City of Cartersville
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting in the City’s Commercial internet and phone service, departmental billing, marketing and customer relations.
- Sales and Marketing – Networking in the business community
- Lead and Performs sales activities direct to business for all Fiber Optic Internet, and Colocation products and offerings. (wording)
- Maintaining the data records for the internal departmental billing and voice customer database.
- Maintaining customer information (Contract dates, circuit inventory, etc.)
- Manage the billing for Fibercom customers including entering new customers into the utility database and manages collections for any outstanding Fibercom customers.
- Responsible for filing required forms to FCC/PSC and other governing bodies.
- Reconciles wireless bills ensuring database accuracy as well as managing the cellular device records and purchases.
- Generate ad hoc and monthly recurring financial and operational performance analysis
- Creating miscellaneous invoices for customers and ensuring payment on a timely basis.
- Interface with engineering staff and other team members as needed.
- Assist FiberCom personnel in implementing and managing phones, cellphones, tablets, PCs, and other multi-media equipment used by city personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Strong networking and negotiating skills; Ability to prospect, qualify, and close at multiple levels
- Professional relationship builder with exceptional communication skills and follow-up abilities.
- Strong computer knowledge: MS Office including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; contact management communication, and monitoring software experience
- Working knowledge of computer networking, LAN and WAN technologies and high-capacity and fiber connected networks
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work
- Proven telecom invoice knowledge, technology billing and/or other relevant utility billing experience.
- Skill in interpersonal relations
- Knowledge of and local to Cartersville, GA and surrounding area.
- High school diploma or equivalent Required; BA/BS degree preferred and/or 2+ years wireless or telco sales experience.
- MUST have an understanding of working knowledge of telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, and tower business/services
- Desire to continually learn about the telecom / IT arena and apply that knowledge to help clients
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Fibercom Network Manager assigns work in terms of very general instructions and spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include city ordinances, policies and procedures and relevant state and federal laws and regulations. These guidelines require judgement, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY: This position consists of varied administrative and technical duties. The need to multitask and multitude of duties performed contribute to the complexity of the work.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to provide support for the Fibercom Department and commercial clients.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with business owners, IT professionals, engineers, vendors, network consultants, co-works and the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give and exchange information, provide services, resolve problems, justify and settle matters and motivate personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office setting.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: No
Please visit www.cityofcartersville.org/jobs to apply or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please direct all questions to Human Resources at 770-385-5685.