This position is responsible assisting the Operations Managers, Foremen and Crew Leaders in keeping all city buildings safe, clean and routinely maintained.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs all work necessary in keeping all city buildings safe, clean and routinely maintained. Tasks may include, but are not limited to vacuuming, mopping, dusting, floor polishing, cleaning of restrooms, window washing, trash removal and equipment maintenance.
- Performs duties and makes decisions consistent with department mission, vision, and core values.
- Delivers accurate and timely reports of vandalism, injuries, safety issues, damage to property, needed repairs, and low inventories of supplies to the attention of the Operations Managers, Foremen, and/or Crew Leaders.
- Assist other divisions within the department when needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Follows and practices all safety and regulatory standards in the field.
- Provides quality customer service to city staff and visitors.
- Follows verbal and written instructions from superiors and ensures the timely and quality completion of those assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by general knowledge of custodial duties, small equipment and maintenance.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
- Skills in the use of a variety of custodial related tools and equipment desired.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, holidays and additional hours when needed.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *