This position is responsible assisting the Operations Managers and Community Centers Director in keeping the Community Centers safe clean and routinely maintained, as well as provide support to other areas of department operation.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs all work necessary in keeping all areas in the Community Centers Campus safe, clean and routinely maintained. Tasks may include, but are not limited to performing routine and scheduled building maintenance, custodial duties, inspections and repairs, which include equipment, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
- Provides support to the Recreation Team, Community Centers Director, and Contractors for the setup of meetings, events, programs, and related functions.
- Assist the Operations Managers and Community Centers Director in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of special maintenance and improvement projects.
- Fulfills the responsibilities of the Operations Managers in his/her absence.
- Delivers accurate and timely reports of vandalism, injuries, safety issues, damage to property, needed repairs, and low inventories of supplies to the attention of the Operation Managers.
- Follows and practices all safety and regulatory standards in the field.
- Works cooperatively and leads in a group setting and by oneself with limited supervision to complete the assigned task(s).
- Provides quality customer service to park and facility visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by experience in building maintenance repairs, custodial services and/or small equipment operation and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, holidays and additional hours when needed.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *