This position is responsible for the planning, preparation, implementation, and evaluation of events and programs related to youth programming.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs duties related to the planning, preparation, operation, and evaluation of youth recreation programs and events that includes after school programs, summer camps, break camps, and events that serve this population.
- Leads the Expanding Horizons and Acworth Achievers and After School Program which includes leadership and life skills development, volunteer recruitment, educational field trips, and solicits external funding to support the operation of these programs.
- Works cooperatively with the Operations Team and Police Department to communicate and coordinate support needs for events and programs.
- Plans and organizes meetings for city boards and commissions related to parks, recreation, and community resources.
- Provides good fiscal management and stewardship of resources in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for providing necessary training for volunteers and staff that includes compliance with all department policies and procedures along with local, state, and federal codes and ordinances.
- Manages relationships with civic, volunteer, and other partner organizations and provides support services to them.
- Assist the Parks, Recreation, and Community Resource Director and Assistant Directors in all requested duties and projects.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Administration, Public Administration, Education or related field; supplemented by one (1) year experience in recreation or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, holidays and additional hours when needed.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.
For more information and to submit an application please visit: www.acworth.org
****The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer****