The beautiful City of Milton is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as our Public Relations Specialist in our Communications Department.
Typical duties include:
- Drafts news releases for approval by the Director of Communications, City Manager's Office, and/or other departments as necessary; makes corrections and disseminates information to the local media; monitors media coverage.
- Researches, writes, and develops content and design for social media as well as print and electronic publications to communicate with internal and external audiences; works with departments to get participation from all levels of the government.
- Works with all departments to provide marketing support for programs.
- Operates camera and video equipment at various events; uploads raw photographic data so photos can be shared with the public; may use photo editing software to enhance photos.
- Provides editing services for projects, as well as other departments' projects as appropriate.
- Responds to citizen inquiries and complaints; addresses, solves, or forwards complaints to departments.
Minimum Qualifications: Position requires a Bachelor Degree in Communications or related field and 2 years of related experience preferably in a government setting or any equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the above stated responsibilities.
For prompt consideration, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Human Resources Director
City of Milton
2006 Heritage Walk
Milton, GA 30004