Community Development Director
Bryan County, Georgia
Historic Bryan County is located along Georgia’s beautiful coastal region and is one of the fastest growing counties in Georgia. The location of Bryan County is unique in that it is the only county in Georgia to be separated by a military installation. Fort Stewart Military Reservation bisects the county to create northern and southern sections. The county is known for a wonderful climate, which has helped to attract many industries that have contributed to Bryan’s thriving and vibrant economy with a median household income above the Georgia average. Bryan County’s historical back-ground, family-friendly atmosphere, growing economy, immediate proximity to Savannah, and excellent educational system help to make it the perfect place to settle for those seeking opportunity and cultural fulfillment.
Bryan County seeks a professional Community Development Director with the ability to embrace a fast-growing environment; help refine and define community growth and ensure a high quality of life for Bryan County residents. The new Community Development Director must be a proven leader able to function as an integral part of the management team, while working within the directives of the Board of Commissioners and the County Administrator. The Director must demonstrate skills working with a demanding citizenry and building consensus around important community development issues. The new Director should have experience in identifying unintended consequences of pending development and zoning decisions being considered by the Planning Commission and Board of Commissioners.
Minimum qualifications for the Community Development Director include:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Planning, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Public or Business Administration or related field required.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in local government planning, zoning, building/inspections or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provided the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- AICP certification or ICC (International Code Council), and/or state certifications preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory experience required.
Compensation & Benefits include:
The starting salary for this position will be established commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate; starting salary is expected to be in the range of $90,000-$100,000. A comprehensive benefits package includes: Health insurance and Retirement, Paid Time Off and Negotiable relocation expenses.
Interested candidates must submit by email a cover letter, resume, at least five job related references, and salary history not later than 5:00 pm (ET) November 26, 2018
, any questions should be directed to:
W. Alan Reddish, Senior Vice President
107 Indigo Lane, Athens, Ga. 30606