This position performs technical duties in the maintenance of City grounds.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Performs equipment safety inspections.
- Performs janitorial duties; empties trash cans.
- Maintains athletic fields.
- Operates a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains City parks and related facilities.
- Performs grounds maintenance duties; mows grass; trims bushes and shrubs; pulls weeds.
- Operates a chainsaw to trim or remove trees.
- Participates in irrigation, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry maintenance and repair duties; makes minor repairs as needed.
- Assists with special City events (i.e. Fourth of July parade/fireworks, Shakerag Arts and Crafts Festival, etc.) and special projects.
- Responds to after-hours and weather-related emergencies.
- Must attend specialized training, including safety training, as required by management.
- Responds in a courteous, timely, and effective manner to the expressed needs, concerns, and expectations of the City’s residents and other customers, both internal and external to the City.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance and repair principles, including general knowledge of plumbing, electrical, irrigation, and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of department and City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of safe work policies and procedures.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Skill in the use of operating vehicles and related light and medium equipment.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral communication.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a workplace of dignity and respect.
The supervisor assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include City and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related technical maintenance duties. Heavy traffic and inclement weather contribute to the complexity of the work.
- The purpose of this position is to participate in the maintenance of City grounds. Successful performance contributes to safe, attractive, and well-maintained facilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Contacts are typically with co‑workers, other City personnel, vendors, and the general public.
- Contacts are typically to exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping.The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects. The employee climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply: http://www.peachtree-city.org/jobs.aspx