This seasonal, part-time position is responsible for the accurate recording of game scores in the manner that is described by the supervisor for adult softball and basketball league games.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Report to assigned ball field or court in a consistently punctual manner, usually 20-30 minutes before the posted start time of his or her first assigned game.
- Prepare scorer’s table or stand area for use before the start of assigned games.
- Approach team captains before game time to make sure they receive the required lineup sheet and insure that lineup sheet is filled out prior to game time.
- Enter lineups into scorebook prior to game time.
- Keep written record of games in the scorebook and/or insure that scoreboard is accurate during games.
- Report final scores of games to supervisor.
- Report any incidents or unusual events to supervisor as quickly as possible.
- Return all materials used during games to storage area after conclusion of games.
- Performs related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- Basic math and counting skills.
The Athletic Coordinator assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives.
Background in athletics, particularly softball, baseball, and/or basketball is desirable, but not mandatory.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied scorekeeping duties. The variety of tasks to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is the accurate recording of games scores in the manner described by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Contacts are typically with coworkers, patrons, team captains/coaches and players, and the general public.
- Contacts are typically to exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while standing or walking. The position requires some physical exertion, such as walking over rough or difficult surfaces; stooping, sitting for extended periods of time; and lifting of light objects weighing less than 10 pounds. The position may require specific but common physical characteristics and abilities, such as dexterity.
- The work is typically performed in gymnasiums and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to perform basic math and possess counting skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, having the ability to deal with different personalities and possible conflict in a professional, calm manner.
- Must be able to report to assigned ball fields and/or courts on time.
- Must possess the ability to understand the process involved in keeping the written score record of a softball and basketball game. (Training will be provided by the supervisor.)
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.