Position Title: Administrative Clerk
Annual Minimum Salary: $26,938.30
Hourly Rate: $12.95
Pay Grade: 9
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Facility: Police Administration Building
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Police Department is accepting applications for a highly motivated individual for an Administrative Clerk position. Responsible for providing clerical and customer service support for assigned Police Department operations. Answers telephones, greets visitors; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel; takes messages and makes appointments. Receives and processes fines and other payments; balances cash drawer. Processes traffic citations. Prepares and files dockets and prisoner logs. Verifies and clears warrants. Maintains office supplies and reorders as needed. Drafts, composes and types memoranda, letters and other correspondence. Prepares a variety of regular and special reports. Enters and receives data from computerized databases. Maintains departmental files and records.
- The ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, days, evenings and the midnight shift as well as twelve (12) hour shifts
- Experience as a Desk Clerk or Records Clerk at a law enforcement agency and/or in the Municipal, State, Superior or Federal Court system as a clerk or administrative person
- Certification through the National Crime Information Computer (NCIC) system and/or the Georgia Crime Information Computer (GCIC) system or any other state computer system that is associated with NCIC is preferred
- Good administrative skills such as computer knowledge, typing and communication
- Abilities to multi-task, deal with the public in a positive manner, and work in an office setting with people who are diverse in their backgrounds
- Experience in the use of a cash register, and being responsible for counting receipts and balancing cash accounts is a plus
- At least one year experience in the related field
- A High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- A valid Georgia Driver’s License with satisfactory MVR
- Satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information
Posted by LaToya Robinson October 25, 2018 Categories: $25k - $30k Full Tim