Position Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Annual Minimum Salary: $31,292.36
Announcement Type: Internal/External
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 12
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Engineering Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Heavy Equipment Operator. This position operates heavy equipment in the repair and maintenance of city streets, storm water infrastructure, and trees. Operates backhoe, excavator, front-end loader, bulldozer and other equipment used in the maintenance of streets and the storm water system. Operates vehicles and equipment to transport equipment, tool and supplies to and from work sites. Trims and prunes city trees; removes tree limbs and debris from streets and city property; installs trees and landscaping. Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment; performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections. Assists in traffic control at work sites. Installs and removes holiday decorations. Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of the techniques, equipment, and supplies used in street and storm water system maintenance, city and departmental safety policies and procedures, geography of the city, including street names and locations.
- Skills in the operation of assigned vehicles, trucks and heavy equipment, prioritizing and organizing work, use of hand and power tools, oral and written communication.
- At least one (1) to two (2) years experience in a related field.
- Valid Georgia CDL Class “B” REQUIRED.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.
Posted by LaToya Robinson October 23, 2018 Categories: $30k - $40k Full Time