Position Title: City Marshal
Annual Minimum Salary: $34,540.90
Hourly Rate: $16.60
Pay Grade: 14
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Community Development
Division: Community Protection
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This position is responsible for the enforcement of city codes and ordinances. Performs substandard housing inspections and enforces city and state codes; notifies owners and tenants of code violations and identifies necessary improvements. Investigates complaints related to violations of city ordinances. Performs follow-up inspections to ensure improvements are completed in a timely manner. Completes reports and maintains inspection records. Issues citations; testifies in court as needed. Coordinates activities with other departments and external agencies. Responds to telephone inquiries from owners, builders, contractors, and others. Conducts checks of businesses for proper licenses and occupational tax certificates. Conducts property records searches. Serves citations in conjunction with food safety inspections; testifies in court. Issues parking tickets. Removes illegal signs from the right-of-way. Delivers council packets and other confidential documents. Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of code enforcement inspection principles and practices, computers and job-related software programs, property records research principles, relevant federal, state and county laws, city ordinances, and department policies and procedure.
- Skills in the use of photographic equipment, file management, problem solving, prioritizing and planning, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years' experience or service.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in. An application must be submitted for each position you would like to apply for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may also apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.
Posted by Berna Hepburn October 19, 2018 Categories: $30k - $40k Full Time