Position Title: Mechanic II
Annual Minimum Salary: $34,540.90
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Motor Pool
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 14
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of a full time Mechanic II. The position performs specialized troubleshooting and diagnosis of equipment and trucks, corrective maintenance on heavy equipment and trucks, including diesel engines. Repairs brake, HVAC, transmission, electrical system and field repairs as needed. Repairs or replaces tires, acquires parts and equipment needed for the successful repair and maintenance of equipment. Makes welding repairs, fabricates parts and maintains a clean and safe work environment. Completes required reports and maintains vehicle and equipment maintenance records and performs related job duties.
- Skills in cutting and reshaping metals in the fabrication of parts, the operation of hydraulic and electrical test equipment, problem solving, prioritizing and planning, oral and written communication, interpersonal relations, and safe operation of tire equipment and a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and equipment utilized in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of vehicles and equipment, department and city policies and procedures, and relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations, oils and lubricants needed for different makes of equipment and small engine equipment repairs.
- Knowledge of diesel and heavy equipment maintenance and repair principles and work safety principles.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of Valid Georgia CDL Class “B” required, if CDL is not in possession must acquire within 6 months of employment.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.
Posted by LaToya Robinson September 06, 2018 Categories: $30k - $40k Full Time