The City of Tybee Island is now accepting applications for the position of IT Specialist for the City of Tybee Island.
Description of Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Director, the Information Technology Support Specialist performs information technology work in the support and maintenance of the City’s technology based information system. Work is performed within a broad framework of general policy and requires creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives and to apply concepts, plans and strategies that may deviate from traditional methods and practices.
- Associates degree in related field, Bachelors IT/IS preferred
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Pass a background check and employment drug screen
- Applicant must be available to work after hours and weekends as necessary
- Minimum of two years of work experience in Information Technology support, training, and analysis
- Preferred four years of experience with primary responsibilities as end-to-end support in a client-server environment, including user support, desktop, LAN, WAN, Wifi, security, anti-virus, file & print server, application server, mail server, virtualization, web server, backup/imaging, social media, audio/visual production, video surveillance systems and VoIP Telephony
- Emergency Communications/Emergency Management, emergency messaging/notifications, 2-way radio experience desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Willing to be a team player.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
Applications are available online at www.cityoftybee.org
Job Open Until Filled
EOE and Drug Free Workplace
The City offers an excellent benefits package, including 100% coverage on medical and dental insurance for the employee, life insurance, long-term disability, pension, FMLA leave, and continuing education assistance.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other legally protected status.