Parks & Recreation
November 1, 2018
November 23, 2018
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, prepares and maintains the Smyrna Community Center facility equipment and grounds for public usage. Room set-up/break-down and general upkeep of the building are required. Assist the public as needed.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Position generally works up to 20 hours per week.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Assists in cleaning the Smyrna Community Center by performing basic custodial duties.
- Performs a variety of manual tasks such as moving tables, chairs, and equipment to prepare facility for specific activities, groups, and events.
- Receives and politely responds to specific requests of patrons.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED, plus five months previous experience and/or training, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job.
- Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously and to establish a rapport with visitors and users of all ages, other City personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to work variable hours as assigned, including early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability to pass a post-offer criminal background investigation and post-offer drug screen.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *