Parks & Recreation
$14.99 per hour
November 1, 2018
November 23, 2018
Under the general direction of the Parks and Recreation Director, the Part-time Community Center Supervisor coordinates maintenance, room set-ups, etc. for the Smyrna Community Center. This position is also responsible for resolving patron complaints as needed and interacts with vendors to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Center.
PLEASE NOTE HOURS
: Position generally works 2-3 days/week, up to 20 hours.
Must be able to work most weekends.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees and coordinates the proper maintenance of the Community Center in the absence of the Facility Manager.
- Ensures that rooms of the Community Center are properly set up as needed for meetings, events, activities, etc.
- Tactfully investigates and resolves patron complaints.
- Interacts with vendors as needed to ensure that all applicable rules and regulations are adhered to and that activities and events run as planned.
- May need to personally do room set-ups and general building maintenance as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Requirements of Position
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) PLUS one (1) year previous experience and /or training that includes facility supervision and working with the public; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background, MVR and post-offer drug screen.
Applications must be submitted Online
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *