The City of Perry is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. To view the job announcement and download the Police Officer Applicant package visit our website at www.perry-ga.gov.
Salary Range: $32,300
(Trainee – Non-certified)
$37,500 - $51,075
(Police Officer I)
GENERAL NATURE OF WORK:
A responsible position involving the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws with strong emphasis on community oriented policing. Patrols assigned areas on foot, bicycle, or vehicle to control traffic, prevent crime or disturbances of peace, arrest violators and assist citizens as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POLICE OFFICER TRAINEE APPLICANTS:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POLICE OFFICER I APPLICANTS:
- High school education or its equivalent as recognized by the GA Department of Education (Minimum GED score of 45 per section-total 225);
- Preference will be given, all others factors equal, to applicants with at least 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of college credits from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum age is twenty (20) years;
- Pass the required background investigation, voice stress analysis or polygraph examination, physical examination, and pre-employment drug test;
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act Police Officer’s Standard Training Act;
- Willing to work in harmony with staff and on any shift assigned;
- Must be a U.S. citizen;
- Must have a valid GA Driver’s license
Must meet requirements for Police Officer Trainee position in addition to POST basic mandate certification.
Questions may be directed to Karen Bycenski in the Human Resources office at 478-988-2713 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Perry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Drug Free Workplace