November 7, 2018
November 28, 2018
Under the general supervision of a Police Major-Administration ensures that all inmates of the City of Smyrna jail are properly processed into jail and to maintain the safety, security and welfare of inmates in jail.
Essential Job Duties
- Enforces jail rules, regulations and procedures; maintains inmate discipline; maintains a secure and peaceful environment in the facility.
- Prepares all GCIC/NCIC computer entries including administrative messages, stolen vehicle, stolen article and wanted person: responds to computer inquires from other jurisdictions.
- Ensures the orderly process of all incoming/outgoing prisoners by completing book-in paperwork, fingerprinting and photographing arrestees, running intoximeter tests and bonding prisoners out.
- Quells disturbances that may erupt in jail facility; prepares incident reports.
- Prepares preliminary court dockets and ensures that prisoners have first appearance hearing before a judge either by transporting prisoners to the courtroom or presenting prisoners to the judge in the Jail facility.
- Ensures that prisoners have proper medical attention; transports prisoners to hospital.
- Orders meals for inmates; ensures all are fed; as appropriate, allows inmates to make phone calls; ensures that prisoners take showers.
- Answers, responds to or directs non 9-11 phone calls made to department.
- Performs related work as needed.
Minimum Requirements of Position
QUALIFIED BILINGUAL APPLICANTS (SPANISH/ENGLISH), MINORITY APPLICANTS,
& FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
- Must be GA POST Basic Jailer certified OR be able to obtain certification within six months of employment.
- One (1) year experience and/or training involving operations, correction, law enforcement, or security work preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Intoxilyzer 5000 certification within 12 months of employment.
- Assignments involving GCIC computer operation may require possession and maintenance of valid GCIC certification.
- Successfully pass extensive background and driver’s history checks.
- Successfully pass post-offer psychological and medical evaluations and drug screen.
Applications must be submitted Online at: www.smyrnaga.gov
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *