November 7, 2018
Open Until Filled
As part of a work crew in the Streets Division, operates light to medium equipment in the completion of various City tasks necessary for the ongoing maintenance of City roads, streets, and other facilities; performs manual labor as required.
Essential Job Duties
Minimum Requirements of Position
- Conducts daily inspections of assigned equipment to ensure that equipment is in safe and proper operating condition.
- Drives assigned equipment to and from designated work sites; operates tractors, lawn mowers, dump trucks, and/or other light equipment in the completion of assigned landscaping and other related tasks.
- May serve as crew leader over a group of laborers at assigned work sites; provides training and assistance.
- Also performs duties of a Crew Worker and other related work as assigned.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.smyrnaga.gov
* * * * The City of Smyrna is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *
- High School Diploma or GED; supplemented by five months previous experience and/or training that includes construction work or equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia COMMERCIAL Driver's License (CDL).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Flagging certificate.
- Must successfully pass criminal background and Motor Vehicle/DOT checks.
- Must successfully pass post-offer drug screening.