GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the City.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate City operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
- Performs administrative duties in the City’s Human Resource Department, including filing documents, answering phones, maintaining calendars, travel arrangements, scanning documents, organizing files.
- Assists internal and external customers,
- Must be have demonstrated the ability to work independently and within a team environment in a fast paced every changing atmosphere.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains confidentiality of work related issues and City Information.
- Serves as first point of contact for Human Resources, including heavy call volume
- Maintains the employee directory.
- Provide various administrative functions for the department including but not limited to order supplies and scanning documents.
- Manage citizen pot hole claims process
- Composes, proofreads, and types correspondence, memoranda, reports, and presentations.
- Maintain department calendar and various spreadsheets.
- Monitor time and attendance system and coordinate with city departments.
- Maintain personnel files, documents and archive documents in accordance to the retention schedule and HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in new hire process; application tracking, prepare employee benefits and new hire packets, set up drug screening, route paperwork for background checks, psych tests, signatures and note progress.
- Provide follow up to assignments and weekly status reports to the HR Director.
- Receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention.
- Maintain department’s confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Support HR Director and HR Generalist with worker’s compensation claims, injuries, safety program and work/life balance.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Maintain various spreadsheets for budget purposes.
- Provide support for front desk as needed.
- Route Employee Action Forms and other documentation as necessary
- Any other duties as assigned.
Job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the City’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the City’s goals. Incumbent must be able to work with confidential information all-the-while maintaining a keen attention to the detail. Incumbent operates independently but results are monitored by the Human Resource Director. Content of work priorities are largely self determined.
Contacts are across the entire City community and in a leadership capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing good will and support of City programs and initiatives.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative and human resource experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Human Resources preferred
City of Union City email to: