The Town of Thunderbolt is currently accepting applications for Town Administrator.
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Public Administration, or related field required. Master’s degree and management experience is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and high degree of integrity and responsiveness are required. This position works at the pleasure of the Mayor and Council of the Town of Thunderbolt.
Valid GA driver’s license and have adequate means of transportation
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form
Demonstrated ability to type and possession of computer skills
The Town Administrator shall be responsible to the Mayor and Council for the general administration of the personnel program in accordance with Federal and State law, Town ordinances and other applicable rules, regulations, or policies of the Town of Thunderbolt.
In addition the Town Administrator will:
- Execute the policies and procedures developed by the Town of Thunderbolt Town Council.
- Oversee daily operations of all departments within the Town, coordinate activities between departments when necessary, and work with department heads in carrying out the objectives of Town Council.
- Prepare reports to the state and federal agencies on behalf of the Town of Thunderbolt.
- Supervise and manage all purchasing done by the Town of Thunderbolt.
- Manage the Town of Thunderbolt’s assets according to provisions of the town.
- Approve all payments of accounts payable, sign and authorized payroll checks.
- Recommend to the Mayor and Council revisions to the Personnel Ordinance for approval;
- Prepare and recommend to the Mayor and Council revisions to the pay plan for approval;
- Determine administrative, professional and managerial positions to be excluded from entitlement to overtime compensation, in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended;
- Establish and maintain a roster of all persons in the town service, setting forth each officer and employee, title of position, salary, and changes in title and status, and such other data as may be deemed desirable or useful;
- Develop and administer such recruiting programs as may be necessary to obtain an adequate supply of qualified applicants to meet the needs of the Town;
- Develop and coordinate training and education programs for Town employees;
- Investigate periodically the operation and effect of the personnel provisions of this ordinance;
- Prepare, implement, and revise as necessary, personnel procedures consistent with the policies of the Mayor and Council;
- Develop administrative procedures and rules necessary to carry out the provision of Town ordinances;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Mayor and Council which are consistent with the purpose and scope of Town ordinances;
- Supervise the operation of equal employment opportunity programs.
- Be responsible for keeping Town Council abreast of the financial health of the Town of Thunderbolt, and prepare an annual budget for consideration of the Council and oversee the execution of the budget as adopted by Council.
- Prepare presentations for annual lobbying with our state delegation from the senate and house.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities requested by Town Council.
Applications may be obtained from the Town of Thunderbolt website at www.thunderboltga.org.
Resumes and applications may be submitted to:
Town of Thunderbolt
2821 River Drive
Thunderbolt, GA 31404
The Town of Thunderbolt is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.